Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen graphics & resolution - problem related to MSN Messenger (i

• Please log in to reply

Mooch126

Mooch126

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Since upgrading to MSN Messenger 8.0 my monitor will turn itself on and off switching between high quality screen colours and the lowest quality. I ran several system recoveries and it always takes MSN Messenger off, then the screen is fine - except I want to keep MSN Messenger 8.0!!

I have been slack over the years (old computer) with my automatic updates, i tried to upgrade my graphics driver, thinking this may fix the problem. I was able to download a better driver but am having trouble installing it, when the computer restarts an error message comes up with The Procedure entry point ?supportHotKeyDef@CSISEscExt@@QAEKXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SISApCom.dll

I have also had the error RUNDLL
Error in SisInst.dll
Missing Entry: Uninstall

The graphic driver i downloaded is : Sis611FX Graphic Driver 6.14.10. 3710

I am not at all sure that this will actually fix the problem, but thought it was worth trying.

If anyone can help me or offer any other suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Advertisements