Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Black Screen Crashes

• Please log in to reply

anobeak

anobeak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I consulted with the networking teacher when I was at school today, and he thought that my AGP might be overloading my mother board by using 64 bit, when the mother board is made to comunicate with it in 32 bit.

I admit, I'm honestly not sure what this means. What are your thoughts on it? (It would mean replacing the mother board and processor, right?)

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Well there you go!(good call)

The 64-bit cards are suppose to run on 64-bit mobos and win xp pro 64-bit edition..

anobeak

anobeak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Is a seperate edition of Win XP be as necissary as the mobo and processor, or just recomended?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I think you would just need to get a 32-bit card.

anobeak

anobeak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alright. Thanks a ton for your help, Slacker. It's been a pleasure commnicating with you.