Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinVista Kicked on Call of Duty 2 via Punkbuster

• Please log in to reply

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
As the title says, I'm trying to play COD2 on WinVista.

I have a dual boot system(WinXP and WinVista)... WinXP can play COD2 with no problems, but whenever I boot into WinVista I get:
"I've_been kicked via punkbuster for (0 minutes), Reason: Inadequate O/S Privileges.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem... :whistling:
PS: Just got done updating punkbuster in pb folder using pbweb.exe still doesn't work tho.

Advertisements

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Punkbuster may not have enabled support with Windows Vista yet, I would recommend playing on Windows XP untill further notice. Not many programs support Windows Vista yet.

Hope that helps :whistling:

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Ok I got it figured out. Found a wiki on the net that knew what to do.

Punkbuster is not compatible with Vista. You can play on non-Punkbuster servers]*
(Punkbuster servers will work if you right click the icon and go to compatability mode and set to run program as administrator)

I tried it for about 20min and Punkbuster didn't kick me.

Link for Windows Vista RC1 Compatibility