Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice to New Gamer

• Please log in to reply

angels-high

angels-high

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi

I am new to online gaming and was looking for suggestions on what games would be best as an introduction to online gaming.

AH

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Depends on what you mean as online, Counter stirke and proper games or browser games.

angels-high

angels-high

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
mmm..I saw an ad for War Craft on the telly an it spoke about joining an playing online with thousands of others.

So, something like that I guess. Also saw something About Americas Army, are these different ways of playing online ?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There are different games, it depends on what kind of games like know, also those ones will need a semi decent computer to play, whats your specs and what games do you like to play offline.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
To be honest i wouldnt play shooters cause theres soo many hackers and people who play it too much that it anoyys you. Ive quit Counter strike because there is far to much abuse in it and it gets me stressed out lol. Its upto you though COD2 is alright. Also Counter Strike is outdated even though steam update certain features it really needs a whole new game.

World of Warcraft is ok but the bad thing is that u have to pay monthly unlike other games but it is an alright game.

There is alot to choose from online gaming is pretty much like mixing chat with a game. The only bad thing about playing online is that there will be alot of people that are better than you which can help you get better but it can also be frustrating.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you pick a game you like and that has good anti cheat protection, counter strike source has a good anti cheat protection system and its a great game its also been out for a while they don't generally update games as much as they already have let alone after more than 2 years, team fortress is out soon as well which looks good. Steam has tonnes of good on-line games if you want to try that.