Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not sure about this DrWatsonPostMortem?

• Please log in to reply

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I am probably in the wrong area and I apologize but maybe someone can either tell me what area to go to or answer my question?

I was online this morning on CBS' website, closed it out and got a message that IE encountered a problem and needed to shut down so I clicked on the close button but it froze so I hit ctrl,alt,delete and it said the program was not responding so I clicked "end now" then I got this message, "Dr Wastson PostMortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". Then I go back online to "ask.com" and type in the error and boy did I find all kinds of stuff on that subject which then caused me to get a bit concerned. What exactly does this error mean? Is it a malware or virus thing? I have McAfee (hate it) security center; and Spy Sweeper both current with updates and scans are current. They find nothing so is this just something to do with Windows XP and IE 7?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements