Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In the market for a Laptop

• Please log in to reply

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
alright guys i start my new class's tomorrow I'm looking forward to it. computer animation

but I'm in need of a laptop

apps i will be ruining

3ds max 9
photo shop cs2 suite
unreal ed
world of warcraft
counter strike
mabey BF2 if it will run it lol

I'm in the rang of 1300-1500 for a laptop
i want something with power and since amd is being left in the dust by the core duo's I'm thinking bout duel core duos for my laptop

specs i would want
wide screen
2 gig ram
at least 2.0 ghz duel
gforce 7600 or better or something equal to that 256MB

thanks for the help

Advertisements

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
anything?

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Your best bet for a widescreen/entertainment laptop is probably going to be something in the Toshiba SatelliTe family or a Dell XPS, both these laptop families carry laptops that vary from 13.1-17.1 inch wide screens, both will have dvd burners, all will have at least 1gb of ddr2 ram, most of the Dell XPS's carry the new nVidia 7400 GO up to 256 mb, the Toshiba Satellites have Centrino Duo's up to 2.3 ghz and the Dell XPS's have Intel Core 2 M's up to 2.93 ghz. The XPS tend to be more expensive however in the 1500 dollar range those two laptop families are probably a good place to start your shopping. Good Luck!!