Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Stopped by the Traffic Cop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using Office Outlook 2007 Professional trial edition. I use a standard Intel based system with Windows XP Professional which is entirely up to date (maybe that is my problem).

All of a sudden, like last night while I slept, Office Outlook 2007 did something that now prevents me from following a link by clicking on it in an email in the reading pane. Yesterday, I could. It says this: The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Huh? Well, I am the administrator and, therefore, I have to ask myself a question I cannot answer. Since I can't, can you? Man, any help you can give me to clear this problem up will be a huge help. Thanks, Doug

Edited by drhesq, 15 January 2007 - 01:52 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Are the other applications also having issues? Could it be the trial version has expired?