Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Networking & Printer/File Sharing

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I've been following SpaceCowboy706 tutorial ( http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=102163 )on how to setup file and print sharing on a network but I'm having some trouble with it. For file sharing, once I get to step seven where it says "Click the ADD button. To launch the “Select Network Service” window." and then "Highlight the “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” and click the OK button"... well I don't have the ability to highlight that because it's not listed. So what do I do about that? And then, for printer sharing there are two little problems. One is when I get to step 9 and it comes to installing additional drivers, I can't do so. The other computer is a diffrent version of Windows so I believe I need to install additional drivers but it won't let me. The second problem is that when on the other computer trying to browse for the printer, nothing comes up. All thats there is "Microsoft Windows Network" and "WorkGroup". What is to be done about this? Please give me a hand someone. Thank you

Advertisements