Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NOD32 - Opinions. Plus, on updating

• Please log in to reply

DA IMP

DA IMP

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I've used it personally, and installed it on the computers of other people. So far so good. It updates very often, though sometimes (especially when first updating it), it needs several re-tries.
It seems to catch a decent number of threats. I don't get many of them, either 'cos I'm normally cautious, or maybe because some slip under the radar. In any case, I don't witness any signs of viruses running amok. It's also far lighter on the computer resources than my previous choice (Norton). Compared with NAV, probably the heaviest antivirus out there, it's *extremely* fast.

I just wanna know if there are any negative opinions about it. Bad experiences and the like. I'm planning to install it on a whole network of computers that run sensitive data, so I wanna be absolutely sure first.
Furthermore, is the latest version the best, or do any of you suggest an older version in particular?
Is the current beta a safe option, or is it better to stick to the final release? I'd rather have the beta, since I've read it includes the spanish language.

Also, on that, this network is behind a firewall with lots of filters beyond my decision, which will likely block the normal updating process of NOD32. I wonder, is there any way to manually download and install the updates? The software does have an option for installing the updates from local paths, but I haven't seen any such possibilities evident on Eset's website yet. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough? :whistling:

Thank you all in advance.

Advertisements

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
negatives none, i would recommend gettign the the admisntrative version if your putting it on a network

i have also used kaspersky's IS6 ad well i like it but then again i don't like it

i recommend you dl the 1month trial of it and see what you think but since i start using NOD32 i havn't worried about an infection