Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building new computer/ no display

• Please log in to reply

eyelevel4112

eyelevel4112

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So Im building a new computer and I now have all new parts exept for an old HDD Im using for the time being.

CASE: Raidmax SAGITA ATX 450w ps
MB: ECS 945p-a pci-e ready motherboard
CPU: Intel Pentium D Processor 820+ 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB 2mb L2 Cache
RAM: Turbo MEMORY PQ125400-1GSB PC2 5400 1GB single channel
GPU: ATI x1600PRO pci-e 512mbDDR2

Ive got everything hooked up correctly I believe but Im not getting any signal on my new monitor. I hooked the monitor up to another cpu and it runs perfect so I konw thats not the problem. Ive also tried a pci ati 9250 and I dont get a display with it either. The computer doesnt make any beeps when I turn it on. The case lights and fans all power up including the GPU. But the monitor's power light continues to blink, indicating something is wrong. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

Advertisements

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
your motherboard could have a problem with the onboard video. I know i personally dropped an hdd on my southbridge one time and cracked the board under the southbridge and the onboard vga died and did that exact same thing. chances are that during install the onboard vga was damaged somehow. You might try getting a mobo swap/RMA the mobo back to where u bought it or the company that makes it.

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Make sure you have the PC Speaker plugged into your mobo(i'm sure by now u know this means motherboard).....Here's the Bios Post Error Codes:::

1 short beep -- Normal Post, system is ok
2 short beeps -- POST Error - error code shown on screen
<b>No Beep -- Power supply or system board problem</b>
Continuous Beep -- Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem
Repeating short beeps -- Power Supply or system board problem

Make sure the RAM is pushed down far enough (don't need to break it, but make sure the little clips have snapped and are holding it)

Try a PCI graphics card in it, usually can get one cheap off another computer or from a computer store, maybe $5.....

If after diagnosing that these are not it then I would take the heatsink back off the cpu and investigate the issue. Make sure the cpu is seated correctly and none of the pins are bent...Put the cpu back in, and heatsink....

Hope you get her going :whistling: