Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xbox 360 headset

• Please log in to reply

dookie270

dookie270

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I just bought a used xbox 360 headset from gamestop. I've been playing Gears of War online and it wont work for some reason. I tried recording a message and playing it back and that worked fine, so i know the headset isnt broken. When im in like the lobby before a game starts i'll say something and i can see that it picks up because i get that little icon over my gamertag which indicates im talking. I just cant hear what anyone else is saying. Anyone know whats going on?

Advertisements

oktob3r

oktob3r

• Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah if u join a custom match as it's going on a good chance that the people in the game who are already playing won't be able to hear you

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i know but with both the games i play online, i cant hear anything anyone says. Even when im in the lobby before a game i cant hear anyone through my headset. It cant be my headset cause i know it works but i cant think of anything else that might be causing me not to hear people

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Are you sure that you have the volume up. Also, the actual headphones could be defective, and the mic works. Thats probably what it is, because if you're mic is recording and its picking up your voice, but you can't hear, then most likely your headphones are defective.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It is a glitch in the gears of war game. It was fixed in a recent patch and should work fine now.

teleblock_4u

teleblock_4u

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
how old are you? it could be your family settings stop u from hearing people that arnt on yourfriend list.

just go into your account and your family settings and theres alot of adjustments u can make there to make your gameplay better.

im 17 and had the problem, XBL was protecting me from the nasty people :whistling:. bless them. i just put my dads email and password in and changed the settings so its like a normal account :blink:

let me kno if it works for you please :help:

Edited by teleblock_4u, 09 March 2007 - 03:12 AM.