Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

going to be sinking a good ammount of money in new system

• Please log in to reply

oktob3r

oktob3r

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey i'm thinking about building a new system since i personally don't have one... i'm using my girlfriends computer i put together for her. So i put together this list here i already got a hdd and media drive so i don't need that.... any swap out/suggestions would be appreciated.

GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ANB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

PNY VCG8800XXPB GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQPE1A16K - Retail

CHIMEI 221D Silver/Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

Advertisements

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Looks good but you will want a seperate power supply, ones that are included with a case are generally not that great. I would recommend at least a 700w from a good brand like enermax or antec.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
you might also want to sink a bit more money in and go with a better brand of ram, like corsair or ocz. Also I would buy pc2-5400 ram at 667 mhz instead of 533, at 533 you wont see any difference between ddr and ddr2 and you wont get as enhanced performance. Plus with the 667 it will give u some leeway if you want to overclock the conroe to 3 ghz or higher.

Edited by Dan1887, 16 January 2007 - 07:09 AM.