Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Scheduled turn on

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Is it possible for my computer to turn on and log in to my username at a specified time? I would like to come home and have my computer on...is this possible?

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Automatic logon can be achieved with something like the free 'Tweakui'
available here:

However, that only covers half your requirement since it can't turn your PC on. The problem is there's no way to automatically power-up your PC that I'm aware of, due to the inherent properties of the PC power switch which needs to be physically pressed, so even a plug-in timer wouldn't work.

However, there is software that can startup your PC automatically from standby or hibernation states, which is the next best thing to what you had in mind. Obviously you would need to start up your PC, configure the software (link below) then put the PC into standby or hibernate before you go out each day. Software here: http://www.bestsoftw...d-zuplmifo.html

PS. I daresay you could find a free similar tool if you do a bit of 'googling' but I have more pressing matters right now -- my dog needs a walk!

Edited by pip22, 16 January 2007 - 09:44 AM.