Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frustrated that comp "can't find server" after gaming

• Please log in to reply

JimB

JimB

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi,

If I go on limewire, or game online, or record some tv and then try to go online afterward, my browser "can't find the server" or "connect to the network." I can power cycle the cable modem and router to no effect. I have to restart the computer to be able to go back online. This happens almost 100% of the time with limewire and about 60-70% of the time when I game online. About 25% of the time, this will also happen if the computre sits in sleep mode or has the screen saver on for a couple of hours. It's friggin annoying :whistling:

A. what's going on?
B. what tools/programs do I need to find out stuff like that?
C. any resources so I can educate myself about how my internet connection works so i'm not so in the dark when stuff like this happens? ( i read through the microsoft windows xp home edition book and the chapters on the internet and connections seemed kinda fluffy...or am I just really dense?)
D. any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks.

Advertisements