Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

In need of expert help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Onehand

Onehand

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well lets see where to start... I guess I could tell you that about 3 months back (give or take) I was web browing on google and aparently visited a malicious site where an .exe file was automatically downloaded and tryied to run. My 5 year old nephew clicked Run, and it aparently completely screwed up my computer.

Below is a list of things I've tryied to solve the problem.
---------------

*I have tried to simply start up the computer normally after re-booting. Result: Computer starts, and only shows wallpaper (no desktop icons, ect. I think this is because the virus modified the Boot file to have itself loaded before anything else)

*I have tried alt + ctrl + delete to open up the Task Manager. Result: Task Manager tab is disabled, even on administrator account.

*I have tried running the computer in normal safe-mode. Used system restore and tryied running anti-virus program (Norton Internet Security + Virus Removal [This was running when I got the virus, didn't help lol]) Result: System restore failed to resolve the problem. Running the anti-virus program was unsuccessful, the virus deleted the anti-virus programs key files so it no longer operates.

*I have tried running the computer in Safe-Mode with Command Prompt. Result: Virus disables Command Prompt.

*I have tried to boot from the Windows XP disk. It loads up fine, but then it tells me 'Press Enter to Continue or F6 to Exit'. The keyboard no longer responds. I am using a standard USB wireless keyboard (came with the computer, from Dell if that makes a difference). It works fine with the computer, just not when I boot from disk. This may be because the disk does not have the USB drivers installed on it, so they are temporarily disabled when booting from disk.

---------------

Notes:

I cannot simply delete the .exe file, the virus has infected windows files, as well as window registry.
I cannot access the web. The virus has cut off the access to my internet connect (normal cable connection)

I am currently using my old laptop to post this.
As you can see, I've had this problem for 3 months, and this computer cost me over 3 grand. I am extremely irritated and want this [bleep] thing off my computer.

---------------

Thank you for any help you provide.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello One hand

You certainly do have a huge problem there. Simply because you cannot load an operating system means that you cannot provide a log of a scan for anyone to analyse. We rely on scans to tell us what is going on inside the PC; we cannot guess.

I think you will have to start by repairing windows.

Please follow this link to instructions on repairing Windows XP. I would advise you to print a copy for easy reference.

Repair Windows XP Topic

Once you have got windows operating, please post a HJT log for me to analyse.

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Finally got a wee-bit of control over my computer, had to edit registry to allow the use of Command Prompt and Task Manager.

But the virus is definetly still there, since Norton is still screwed up (all settings disabled, unable to re-enable) and when I restart, sometimes it doesn't open like it should and I have to try again. Each time I start up I have to re-edit the registry since the file is loaded on each startup.

Just want to get rid of this problem.

Anyway, hijackthis log is below.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:55:29 AM, on 1/20/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Universal Shield 4.1\US30Service.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.079\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O1 - Hosts: 127.255.255.255 serial.alcohol-soft.com
O1 - Hosts: 127.255.255.255 www.alcohol-soft.com
O1 - Hosts: 127.255.255.255 images.alcohol-soft.com
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DllRunning] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\auekrtgb.dll",setvm
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Generic Host Process] C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [csr] csrrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Generic Host Process] C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet6_38.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: {590FFB84-6A29-4797-9C0E-B15DF2C4CDCB} - http://soft.trustinc...stall/tload.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74CD40EA-EF77-4BAD-808A-B5982DA73F20} - http://yax-download.....cab?refid=1123
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: acaptuser32.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\www\Apache2\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: dlcc_device - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\www\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: US30Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Universal Shield 4.1\US30Service.exe

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 20 January 2007 - 11:17 AM.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello One Hand and welcome to Geeks to Go

As an introduction, please note that I am not Superhuman, I do not know everything, but what I do know has taken me years to learn. I am happy to pass on this information to you, but please bear in mind that I am also fallible.

Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. Also note that multiple identity PC’s (family PC’s) present a different problem; please tell me if your PC has more than one individual’s setting, but continue with the fix.

Before we get underway, you may wish to print these instructions for easy reference during the fix, although please be aware that many of the required URLs are hyperlinks in the red names shown on your screen. Part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which will not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions! (Click the Options drop down near the upper right of the topic. Select Print this topic.)

You have quite a mixture of malware and Trojans. Let’s see what we can do.

I note that you are running HijackThis from a Temporary Folder; please create a new folder for it (for example C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\Hijackthis.exe) and move the programme into it. It is very important you do this before anything else since backup files can be deleted if they are not within their own folder!

Click My Computer, then C:\ and then Program Files.
In the menu bar, go to File>New>Folder. That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can right-click on and rename to HJT or HijackThis. Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Cut ‘n’ Paste your HijackThis.exe into it.

First, download LSPFix.exe to a convenient location. Do NOT run this program. This is only to be used if you lose Internet Access after removing NewDotNet.

To Get rid of NewDotNet, go to:

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove the following:

New.Net Applications or New.Net Domains (anything that says New.Net)

If it is not there, go here and follow Procedure 4: NewDotNet Removal Procedure 4.

In the event that you lose Internet access after removing New.Net, please double-click LSPFix.exe that you downloaded earlier. Check the "I know what I'm doing" button. You will see 2 panels. If there is any file listed in the "Remove" panel on the right-side, leave it as is and just click "Finish>>" then reboot your computer and you should now have access to the Internet. If nothing is listed under the "Remove Panel", do NOT do anything - just close the program. You will need to use another computer to come back here for further instructions on what to do.

Please download the following programmes, we will run them later. Please save them to a place that you will remember, I suggest the Desktop:

Killbox by Option^Explicit
CCleaner
AVG AntiSpyware
Hoster
combofix.exe

Please run Hoster (just double click it to open). Choose the Restore Microsoft Hosts button and press OK.

Please install, and update AVG Anti Spyware
  • Load AVGas and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
  • Please select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
  • Under "Reports"
  • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
  • Deselect "Only if threats were found"
  • Close AVGas. Do not run it yet.
Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site:

Safe Mode

• In Safe Mode, load AVGas and click on the Scanner tab at the top and then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run, so be patient.
  • AVGas will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button. AVGas will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
  • Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (I suggest the Desktop).
  • Please ensure you post that log in your reply.
Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DllRunning] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\auekrtgb.dll",setvm
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [csr] csrrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Generic Host Process] C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O16 - DPF: {590FFB84-6A29-4797-9C0E-B15DF2C4CDCB} - http://soft.trustinc...stall/tload.cab
O16 - DPF: {74CD40EA-EF77-4BAD-808A-B5982DA73F20} - http://yax-download.....cab?refid=1123

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.

Please remove these entries from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel (if present):(click Start>Settings>Control Panel)

Party Gaming

Please notify me of any other programmes that you don’t recognise in that list in your next response

Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.

Please delete these folders (if present) using Windows Explorer:

C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\

Close Windows Explorer and Reboot normally

Please install Killbox by Option^Explicit.
  • Please double-click Killbox.exe to run it.
  • Select Delete on Reboot
  • then Click on the All Files button.
  • Please copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\auekrtgb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrrs.exe
C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
  • Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose Paste from Clipboard.
  • Click the red-and-white Delete File button. Click Yes at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click OK at any PendingFileRenameOperations prompt (and please let me know if you receive this message!).
If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run Killbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try Killbox again.

Now we must hide the files we revealed earlier by reversing the process, this is an important safeguard to stop important system files being deleted by accident.

There is almost certainly bound to be some junk (leftover bits and pieces) on your system that is doing nothing but taking up space. I would recommend that you run CCleaner. Install it, check the default setting in the left-hand pane, ensure you uncheck old prefetch data found under the Windows tab, and under the heading of Applications, Utilities uncheck AVGas Anti-Spyware then click Analyze> Run Cleaner. You may be fairly surprised by how much it finds. Also click Issues then Scan for issues – fix selected issues

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When it has finished, it will produce a log. Please post that log in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Post back a fresh HijackThis log (from normal mode) and I will take another look. (3 logs in total please).

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay, took 3 hours to complete the first scan but it finished with 35 files found (report is below)

I did all the other steps, but I am still a little concerned because it takes 3-5 minutes for the computer to start up.

It brings up the wallpaper like its about to start, then stops suddenly for about 4 minutes and does not respond (even to alt + ctrl + delete). When it does finally open up it gives me two errors... see below

Error 1
Windows Cannot Find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button and click Search.

Error 2
Could not load or run 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove references to it in the registry

..I have a feeling that the Malware changed the Windows registry and/or boot.ini to load these files. Is there any way to reset the registry and boot.ini to their original state?

AVG Report
---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 4:06:23 PM 1/20/2007

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C28EB22A-6966-4E4B-8592-E84C28D38402} -> Adware.Generic : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{B1C54189-72F0-4353-987B-18FA221BEF09} -> Adware.Generic : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-36558161-1855420635-2749028567-1012\Dc4.exe -> Adware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\HID\Vid_046d&Pid_c016\6&1fd12af&0&0000\LogConf -> Adware.PurityScan : Error during cleaning.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{590FFB84-6A29-4797-9C0E-B15DF2C4CDCB} -> Adware.TrustCleaner : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP2\A0000013.exe -> Backdoor.Ciadoor.13 : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Application Data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.o : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Application Data\errorsafenewreleaseinstall[1].exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.o : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Addynamix : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bluestreak : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Cpvfeed : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Reliablestats : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Backup\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP2\A0000037.dll -> Trojan.Agent.acl : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKU\S-1-5-21-36558161-1855420635-2749028567-1012\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{E14DCE67-8FB7-4721-8149-179BAA4D792C} -> Trojan.Ciadoor.m : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\LimeWire\Cracked ThriXXX Games - 3D Sex Villa 2.017.001 & HentaII 3D 2.017.004 & Virtually Jenna 2.017.002 Incl. AMD Patch.rar/hen3_2_017\HentaII3D-017-004-(AMD-ONLY!)-hotfix\HentaII3D-017.004-start.exe -> Trojan.QQPass.ly : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\LimeWire\Cracked ThriXXX Games - 3D Sex Villa 2.017.001 & HentaII 3D 2.017.004 & Virtually Jenna 2.017.002 Incl. AMD Patch.rar/svil2_017\3DSexVilla-017-001-(AMD-ONLY!)-hotfix\3DSexVilla-017-001-start.exe -> Trojan.QQPass.ly : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

ComboFix Log
"Backup" - 07-01-20 17:16:34 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 07-01-18 - Running from: "C:\Program Files\Combofix"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bszip.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\SearchToolbarCorp
C:\Program Files\VSAdd-in

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-12-20 to 2007-01-20 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-20 17:05 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\klwefjwb.exe
2007-01-20 17:05 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xcmbgwbn.dll
2007-01-20 17:05 118,804 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\sbpfujxv.dll
2007-01-20 16:42 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\AdobeUM
2007-01-20 16:41 <DIR> d-------- C:\!KillBox
2007-01-20 16:30 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpavkjqn.exe
2007-01-20 16:30 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mldsxnic.dll
2007-01-20 16:30 118,804 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\jdbhmext.dll
2007-01-20 12:48 865,744 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2
2007-01-20 12:03 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\cgymdrgk.exe
2007-01-20 12:03 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ylgenvix.dll
2007-01-20 11:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Combofix
2007-01-20 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Hoster
2007-01-20 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
2007-01-20 11:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Killbox
2007-01-20 11:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\LSPFix
2007-01-20 11:42 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\HJT
2007-01-20 11:34 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-01-20 11:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Grisoft
2007-01-20 10:51 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbukaxef.exe
2007-01-20 10:51 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\vhfveyaa.dll
2007-01-20 10:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-01-20 10:40 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\behhsubb.exe
2007-01-20 10:40 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghvorbir.dll
2007-01-20 10:17 88,340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\bjdntdiy.exe
2007-01-20 10:17 276,500 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdggauhj.dll
2007-01-20 09:43 <DIR> d---s---- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\UserData
2007-01-20 09:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\pss

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-20 17:05 864602 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2
2007-01-20 16:44 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\aol
2007-01-20 13:04 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\norton internet security
2007-01-20 12:34 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\symantec shared
2007-01-20 10:46 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\lavasoft
2007-01-20 10:39 163328 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"RealTray"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER"
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"UnlockerAssistant"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Unlocker\\UnlockerAssistant.exe\""
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\\avgas.exe\" /minimized"
"DllRunning"="rundll32.exe \"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sbpfujxv.dll\",setvm"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnkCommon Startup"
"location"="Common Startup"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Installer\\{AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-0000003D0002}\\SC_Acrobat.exe "
"item"="Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Adobe\\ACROBA~2.0\\Reader\\READER~1.EXE "
"item"="Adobe Reader Speed Launch"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Digital Line Detect.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Digital Line Detect.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Digital Line Detect.lnkCommon Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\DIGITA~1\\DLG.exe "
"item"="Digital Line Detect"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Microsoft Office.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Microsoft Office.lnkCommon Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\MI1933~1\\Office10\\OSA.EXE -b -l"
"item"="Microsoft Office"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\QuickBooks Update Agent.lnkCommon Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\Intuit\\QUICKB~1\\QBUpdate\\qbupdate.exe "
"item"="QuickBooks Update Agent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg]
"key"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run"
"item"=""
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"=""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Acrobat Assistant 7.0]
"item"="Acrotray"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 7.0\\Distillr\\Acrotray.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Amazing3DAquariumWallpaper]
"item"=""
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"=""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AOL Spyware Protection]
"item"="AOLSP Scheduler"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\AOL\\AOLSPY~1\\AOLSP Scheduler.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AOLDialer]
"item"="AOLDial"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ATIPTA]
"item"="atiptaxx"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ATI Technologies\\ATI Control Panel\\atiptaxx.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ccApp]
"item"="ccApp"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\csr]
"item"="csrrs"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="csrrs.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ctfmon.exe]
"item"="ctfmon"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DAEMON Tools]
"item"="daemon"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe\" -lang 1033"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DellSupport]
"item"="DSAgnt"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Support\\DSAgnt.exe\" /startup"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DLCCCATS]
"item"="DLCCtime"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="rundll32 C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\W32X86\\3\\DLCCtime.dll,[email protected]"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\dlccmon.exe]
"item"="dlccmon"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\\dlccmon.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DVDLauncher]
"item"="DVDLauncher"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD\\DVDLauncher.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Generic Host Process]
"item"="scvhost"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\scvhost.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HostManager]
"item"="AOLSoftware"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\1137359034\\ee\\AOLSoftware.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IAAnotif]
"item"="iaanotif"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\\iaanotif.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IPHSend]
"item"="IPHSend"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\IPHSend\\IPHSend.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ISUSScheduler]
"item"="issch"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\UpdateService\\issch.exe\" -start"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"item"="iTunesHelper"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunesHelper.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\KernelFaultCheck]
"item"="dumprep 0 -k"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="%systemroot%\\system32\\dumprep 0 -k"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Load]
"key"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Windows"
"item"="scvhost"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"inimapping"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MimBoot]
"item"="mimboot"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\MUSICM~1\\MUSICM~3\\mimboot.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NI.UERS_0001_N91M2007]
"item"="errorsafefreeinstall[1]"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"c:\\documents and settings\\backup\\application data\\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe\" -nag "
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"item"="qttask"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RealTray]
"item"="RealPlay"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Run]
"item"="scvhost"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"inimapping"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SigmatelSysTrayApp]
"item"="stsystra"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="stsystra.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
"item"="jusched"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_03\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\swg]
"item"="GoogleToolbarNotifier"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Google\\GoogleToolbarNotifier\\1.0.720.3640\\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
"item"="SNDMon"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe /Consumer"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"SymWSC"=dword:00000002
"SAVScan"=dword:00000003
"ose"=dword:00000003
"Nla"=dword:00000000
"MySQL"=dword:00000002
"LiveUpdate"=dword:00000003
"ISSVC"=dword:00000002
"IDriverT"=dword:00000003
"dlcc_device"=dword:00000003
"Apache2"=dword:00000002
"AOL TopSpeedMonitor"=dword:00000002
"AOL ACS"=dword:00000002
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"appinit_dlls"="acaptuser32.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\sharedtaskscheduler]
"{259BA022-2005-45E9-A965-10EDB9C00605}"="Windows Updater"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\shellserviceobjectdelayload]
"0aMCPClient"="{F5DF91F9-15E9-416B-A7C3-7519B11ECBFC}"
"WPDShServiceObj"="{AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoCDBurning"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]
"Generic Host Process"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\scvhost.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\mlljj
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\winhld32

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost]
HTTPFilter REG_MULTI_SZ HTTPFilter\0\0
LocalService REG_MULTI_SZ Alerter\0WebClient\0LmHosts\0RemoteRegistry\0upnphost\0SSDPSRV\0\0
NetworkService REG_MULTI_SZ DnsCache\0\0
DcomLaunch REG_MULTI_SZ DcomLaunch\0TermService\0\0
rpcss REG_MULTI_SZ RpcSs\0\0
imgsvc REG_MULTI_SZ StiSvc\0\0
termsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ TermService\0\0
WudfServiceGroup REG_MULTI_SZ WUDFSvc\0\0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{0e17921a-405c-11db-a52e-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command K:\Autorun.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{0e17921b-405c-11db-a52e-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command L:\RunGame.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{46684feb-6931-11da-a3e1-806d6172696f}]
Shell\AutoRun\command H:\setup.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{89a0e981-2699-11db-a509-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command J:\Madden07.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - Drew.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job

Completion time: 07-01-20 17:24:16

Fresh HijackThis Log
Scan saved at 5:32:17 PM, on 1/20/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HJT\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\www\Apache2\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\www\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: US30Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Universal Shield 4.1\US30Service.exe

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 20 January 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

Please refrain from using code boxes for logs; it just makes them very wide and I have to either edit your post or change my screen resolution to view.

There is a minor adjustment to make to your HJT log, just clutter and not malware.

Rescan with HijackThis. Close all programmes leaving only HijackThis running. Place a checkmark or tick against the following:

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - (no file)

Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

You do however, have some files to delete, mostly Trojans, two of which look a little like Vundo. So let's run VundoFix followed by a mass delete. Please run these in the order they are written.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log, from normal mode, in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

If Vundofix does not find and delete the files, please try running it bit differently:
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • You will receive a message saying Vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK.
  • When VundoFix re-opens, click Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once the scan is complete, right-click inside the listbox (white box) and click Add more files?
  • Copy & paste the 2 entries below into the top 2 boxes:
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\ mlljj.dll
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\ jjllm.*
  • Click Add Files and click Close Window.
  • Click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES.
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a fresh HiJackThis log, from normal mode after completing the next part.
Please open Killbox by Option^Explicit.
  • Please copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\klwefjwb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xcmbgwbn.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sbpfujxv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpavkjqn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mldsxnic.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jdbhmext.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cgymdrgk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ylgenvix.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbukaxef.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vhfveyaa.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\behhsubb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghvorbir.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bjdntdiy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdggauhj.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2
C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sbpfujxv.dll
c:\documents and settings\\backup\application data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe\
  • Click the red-and-white Delete File button. Click Yes at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click OK at any PendingFileRenameOperations prompt (and please let me know if you receive this message!).

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run Killbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try Killbox again.

Finally, please run MSCONFIG and enable everything in the startup area. To get to MSCONFIG, click on Start -> Run -> type in MSCONFIG -> click OK

Under the "General" Tab

Ensure "Normal Startup-load all device drivers and services" is checked.

Click Apply->OK->Follow the prompts to Restart

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 20 January 2007 - 06:55 PM.

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay... followed instructions but when I got to the Killbox deletion, it gave me a

"PendingFileRenameOperations Registry" prompt. Then I just had to manually restart.

Oh and when I restarted this time, I did not get the 2 errors I posted before, I guess maybe the vundofix registry changes took care of it. But the computer is still starting up quite slow.

Fresh HijackThis log and VundoFix log below.

Scan saved at 7:35:52 PM, on 1/20/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

VundoFix V6.3.2

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3

Java version is 1.5.0.3

Scan started at 6:58:18 PM 1/20/2007

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oweadyyv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qvlanuqp.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vxkdjrfy.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll Could not be deleted.

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry to post more, but these are updated logs.

I just removed a few files that Vundo was unable to fix the first time, and then set the computer to a Normal Boot instead of selective. A few more running processes, so included below is the Vundofix and HJT logs.

Scan saved at 8:03:40 PM, on 1/20/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1137359034\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7DA39570-5FD2-4f18-94B4-20730CB3F727} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vxkdjrfy.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FC223499-6344-4F82-96AD-3062F0DC4D31} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NI.UERS_0001_N91M2007] "c:\documents and settings\backup\application data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe" -nag
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1137359034\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,[email protected]
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [csr] csrrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhld32 - winhld32.dll (file missing)

VundoFix V6.3.2

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3

Java version is 1.5.0.3

Scan started at 6:58:18 PM 1/20/2007

C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fcyblxik.exe Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.bak2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.ini2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjllm.tmp Has been deleted!

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.3.2

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3

Java version is 1.5.0.3

Scan started at 7:42:59 PM 1/20/2007

Beginning removal...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

In this fix we can get rid of the left over Vundo files and remove from the registry via HJT the bad entries. Some speed may return this time but I am guessing that we'll have to do a tune up later.

Please disable AVGas Guard from running as it will hinder our attempts to change anything. Right click on the orange/multicoloured icon with an S, in the taskbar (near the clock) and uncheck Resident Shield. The icon will change to a grey colour.

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7DA39570-5FD2-4f18-94B4-20730CB3F727} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vxkdjrfy.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FC223499-6344-4F82-96AD-3062F0DC4D31} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljj.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NI.UERS_0001_N91M2007] "c:\documents and settings\backup\application data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe" -nag
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [csr] csrrs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhld32 - winhld32.dll (file missing)

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.

Please install Killbox by Option^Explicit.
c:\documents and settings\backup\application data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrrs.exe

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When it has finished, it will produce a log. Please post that log in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Post back a fresh HijackThis log (from normal mode) and I will take another look. (2 logs in total please)

How bad is your system now?

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Still very slow at startup, but at least its working.

Below are the 2 logs.

"Backup" - 07-01-21 12:04:30 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 07-01-18 - Running from: "C:\Program Files\Combofix"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-12-21 to 2007-01-21 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-20 21:14 68,888 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xinput1_3.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 62,744 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xinput1_2.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 3,426,072 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_32.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 251,672 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xactengine2_5.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 237,848 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xactengine2_4.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 236,824 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xactengine2_3.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 2,414,360 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_31.dll
2007-01-20 21:14 15,128 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\x3daudio1_1.dll
2007-01-20 21:13 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\msdownld.tmp
2007-01-20 21:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Test My Hardware
2007-01-20 21:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\RedLightCenter
2007-01-20 20:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\SystemRequirementsLab
2007-01-20 19:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\vundofix
2007-01-20 18:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2007-01-20 16:42 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\AdobeUM
2007-01-20 16:41 <DIR> d-------- C:\!KillBox
2007-01-20 11:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Combofix
2007-01-20 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Hoster
2007-01-20 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
2007-01-20 11:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Killbox
2007-01-20 11:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\LSPFix
2007-01-20 11:42 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\HJT
2007-01-20 11:34 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-01-20 11:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Grisoft
2007-01-20 10:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-01-20 09:43 <DIR> d---s---- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\UserData
2007-01-20 09:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\pss

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-21 00:30 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\symantec shared
2007-01-20 21:29 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ea sports
2007-01-20 21:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ea games
2007-01-20 21:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\real
2007-01-20 21:07 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\installshield installation information
2007-01-20 20:51 -------- d---s---- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\microsoft
2007-01-20 17:47 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\adobe
2007-01-20 16:44 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\aol
2007-01-20 13:04 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\norton internet security
2007-01-20 10:46 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Backup\Application Data\lavasoft
2007-01-20 10:39 163328 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"
"swg"="C:\\Program Files\\Google\\GoogleToolbarNotifier\\1.0.720.3640\\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
"DellSupport"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Support\\DSAgnt.exe\" /startup"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"UnlockerAssistant"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Unlocker\\UnlockerAssistant.exe\""
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\\avgas.exe\" /minimized"
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe /Consumer"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_03\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"NI.UERS_0001_N91M2007"="\"c:\\documents and settings\\backup\\application data\\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe\" -nag "
"MimBoot"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\MUSICM~1\\MUSICM~3\\mimboot.exe"
"iTunesHelper"="\"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunesHelper.exe\""
"ISUSScheduler"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\UpdateService\\issch.exe\" -start"
"IPHSend"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\IPHSend\\IPHSend.exe"
"IAAnotif"="C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\\iaanotif.exe"
"HostManager"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\1137359034\\ee\\AOLSoftware.exe"
"DVDLauncher"="\"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD\\DVDLauncher.exe\""
"dlccmon.exe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\\dlccmon.exe\""
"DLCCCATS"="rundll32 C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\W32X86\\3\\DLCCtime.dll,[email protected]"
"DAEMON Tools"="\"C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe\" -lang 1033"
"ATIPTA"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ATI Technologies\\ATI Control Panel\\atiptaxx.exe\""
"AOLDialer"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"
"AOL Spyware Protection"="\"C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\AOL\\AOLSPY~1\\AOLSP Scheduler.exe\""
"Amazing3DAquariumWallpaper"=""
"Acrobat Assistant 7.0"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 7.0\\Distillr\\Acrotray.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg]
"item"=""
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"=""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Load]
"item"="scvhost"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"inimapping"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Run]
"item"="scvhost"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"inimapping"="1"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"appinit_dlls"="acaptuser32.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\sharedtaskscheduler]
"{259BA022-2005-45E9-A965-10EDB9C00605}"="Windows Updater"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\shellserviceobjectdelayload]
"0aMCPClient"="{F5DF91F9-15E9-416B-A7C3-7519B11ECBFC}"
"WPDShServiceObj"="{AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoCDBurning"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]
"Generic Host Process"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\scvhost.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost]
HTTPFilter REG_MULTI_SZ HTTPFilter\0\0
LocalService REG_MULTI_SZ Alerter\0WebClient\0LmHosts\0RemoteRegistry\0upnphost\0SSDPSRV\0\0
NetworkService REG_MULTI_SZ DnsCache\0\0
DcomLaunch REG_MULTI_SZ DcomLaunch\0TermService\0\0
rpcss REG_MULTI_SZ RpcSs\0\0
imgsvc REG_MULTI_SZ StiSvc\0\0
termsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ TermService\0\0
WudfServiceGroup REG_MULTI_SZ WUDFSvc\0\0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{0e17921a-405c-11db-a52e-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command K:\Autorun.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{0e17921b-405c-11db-a52e-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command L:\RunGame.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{46684feb-6931-11da-a3e1-806d6172696f}]
Shell\AutoRun\command H:\Autorun.exe

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{89a0e981-2699-11db-a509-00038a000015}]
Shell\AutoRun\command J:\Madden07.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - Drew.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job

Completion time: 07-01-21 12:11:53
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 07-01-20 17:24

Scan saved at 12:13:08 PM, on 1/21/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1137359034\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1137359034\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,[email protected]
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {BE833F39-1E0C-468C-BA70-25AAEE55775E} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.systemreq...m/sysreqlab.cab

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

The logs look OK, so this time I am going to speed up your boot and tune your system.

Currently you are starting 31 applications (I have 3 essential and 1 preferred) of which the list below is of non essentials. By fixing them with HJT, you will disable them and have fewer resources "hogged" by them. No harm will come to your PC.

You also have 24 NT start ups, but I will not tackle those, it's more complex.

Rescan with HijackThis. Close all programmes leaving only HijackThis running. Place a checkmark or tick against the following:

Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

You now MUST delete this file, and it must stay deleted (any other accounts?):

c:\documents and settings\backup\application data\errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial It is a 30-day free trial.

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable your anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running after the reboot.

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Please post a fresh HJT log from normal mode.

How we doing now?

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am currently running disk cleanup. But I thought I would let you know two things.

1. When I looked for the "errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe" file, it is not there. (I revealed hidden and system files, still not there)

2. I have 3 account folders in Documents and Settings. Two are active accounts and one is files I wanted to keep from my older account.
(I looked in all 3 account folders for the "errorsafefreeinstall[1].exe" but its not there.)

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
OK, it is possibly a ghost registry entry left over from malware, but I will check by using an auto deleter after you have done this fix.

Onehand

Onehand

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay, that whole process is complete.

Windows is still starting up very slow.. it seems as if after I enter my Username and Password at the login screen, the wallpaper pops up and the harddrive stops completely for about a minute and a half (90 seconds). Then it starts up again and after 5-10 seconds the rest of Windows starts.

During that 90 second period, I can move my mouse but the computer does not respond to commands (Such as Alt + Ctrl + Del).. it waits for those 90 seconds and then the little prompt pops up with the normal options.

Anyway... fresh HJT log is posted below

Scan saved at 3:15:17 PM, on 1/21/2007

Running processes:

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {BE833F39-1E0C-468C-BA70-25AAEE55775E} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.systemreq...m/sysreqlab.cab

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

The next thing to try is SFC, and you need to close an exploit by updating Java.

Updating Java and Clearing Cache
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup) in the Control Panel.
  • It will say "Java Plug-in" under the icon.
    Please find the update button or tab in the Java Control Panel. Update your Java then reboot.
  • If you are unable to update you can manually update by going here:
  • After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
  • Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Delete Files button.
  • There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave ALL 3 CheckedDownloaded Applets
    Downloaded Applications
    Other Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
Please run System File Checker, to make sure all of your protected files are not corrupt. The scan will automatically replace any corrupt files that it finds.

Click Start
Select Run
At the prompt type sfc /scannow Please note that there is a single space between sfc and /scannow. Now click {b}Enter[/b]

This will start the programme, and a box should appear telling you how much longer the process should take.

Sometimes the scan will prompt you for your Windows XP disc upon starting the scan. if this happens please make sure that you can view protected files:

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > "Uncheck" Hide protected operating system files.

Then rerun the scan.

Once the scan is complete:

Check your Windows Updates! After using the File Protection Service, you might need to reapply some updates.

Please reboot, and let me know if anything has changed.

Also, please rehide the protected files:

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > "Uncheck" Hide protected operating system files.

No Windows CD? See here: No Windows CD

Any better?