Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 2349

• Please log in to reply

dukenukem

dukenukem

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I am trying to install MS Project Pro 2003 but the installation is interrupted and Internal Error 2349 appears in a popup box. I am running Windows XP and Office XP Professional.

Can anyone help me to fix this please?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Please provide the full error text.

Check the Event Viewer (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer) for additional information. If you find an error from MSInstaller specific to the failed install for Project, you can copy the text (there's a copy icon below the down arrow) and paste it in this thread.

Confirm your Windows User Account is in the Administrator Group.

Confirm whether your Office XP Suite includes Project - in other words, is this an upgrade for Project?

Is your CD drive a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM? I've seen some compatibility issues with DVD-ROM drives not reading the CDs properly or vice-versa. The fix is the copy the CD contents to the hard drive and run the setup from there.

Disable your antivirus software before trying the install.

Another possibility is a dirty or damaged disk. Try cleaning the disk with a soft, lint-free cloth. If the disk appears to be scratched, you can order replacement media from Microsoft at (800) 360-7561.

Please post back.

dukenukem

dukenukem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Error message text as follows:

Product: Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 -- Error 2349. An internal error has occurred. ( ) Contact your Information Technology department for assistance.

My user account is in the admin group.
This is not an upgrade this is the full box product.
My drive is a CD ROM

I will try the other options that you came up with.

Thanks