Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sleep and My Video Not Getting Along

• Please log in to reply

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well the sleep mode in Windows Vista worked perfectly until I installed the Nvidia drivers for my Video Card. What could of caused my sleepy mode to stop working? Whenever I tell it to sleep it will start turning itself off, monitor goes black, then computer just falls asleep and then comes right back on within milliseconds.

video Card -- XFX GeForce 6800 GT

Kind of makes me mad because with Windows XP Pro SP2 whenever I put my computer into standby and then resume it later on none of the graphics work right because nwiz.exe didn't reinitiialize itself.

Any info towards this situation would be awesome.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
nVidia just released updated Vista drivers. Did you get this resloved?

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well I haven't resolved this yet, but I have 97.46 driver, didn't see any newer than that. I'm not sure why my video card does it. Not a big problem tho, I just won't put it into sleep mode I guess.