Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

office 2003 trial cd needed help

• Please log in to reply

madmax33333

madmax33333

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
hi can anyone help me do you have a unwanted office 2003 trial cd or a link that i can download it please tried microsoft does not work help please ill pay postage :whistling:

cheers paul

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
why are you wanting an office trial CD? have you tried open office? it's free and does everything microsoft office can do

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hi the problem is ive tried to uninstall office 2003 trial that was preinstalled in my pc when i go into add/remove and try and uninstall office2003 i get a message that says this ! this patch package could not be opened verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to veriify that this is a valid windows installer patch package .... and im sure this is linked to why my pc keeps popping up the windows installer saying preparing to install ever tim i try and use internet or email and slows everthing up how can i stop this and also sort out office 2003 problem uninstall it im not to good with pc so will need a step by step guide cheers :whistling: :blink: :help:

Edited by madmax33333, 16 January 2007 - 01:01 PM.

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
ive tried everything to uninstall office 2003 i get a messege saying windows installer this patch could not be opened verify that the patch package exists ????? how do you get around this ive tried disk cleaner help :rofl: :whistling: :rofl: :blink: :help: :help: :lol: :) im going mad

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You might try to download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. You can download it here.

Please read the Readme.txt file carefully.

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
tried that i get about 4 internal error 2908 codes and not sure how to fix them :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you look in programme files, have you got a Microsoft Office folder

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
yes just looked in start and programmes and yes there is a folder with office 2003 with short cuts if you click on any of them ie word ,excel, it says windows installer preparing to install but nothing happens all short cuts are there but no software :whistling: :blink: i cant open word up to view any documents anyone i try the windows installer pops up same when i connect to internet it pops up all time :help: :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you move the folder to my documents

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm, reboot the PC

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
wont let me move it im i doing it right ? start then programs but it wont let me move it ??? or should i go in some were else to try and move it

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, click my computer, double click the hard drive, double click programme files, look for the Office folder, if there, that's the one you should move to my documents

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
i think ive moved it keith what do i do now ???? :whistling: cheers paul

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happens as far as the installer now you have moved it?

madmax33333

madmax33333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
still popping up :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run through this then see how it is

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

Download and install Tune Up 2007 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this

Check the anti virus is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor