Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems installing drivers/chipset

• Please log in to reply

DOMESTIC

DOMESTIC

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My usb ports arent working and i think its becasue of a bad driver/chipset. So everytime i go and try to install one, the installer quits after its 20%installed. It just goes away and thats that. What is happening and what can i do to fix this

Advertisements

pclr

pclr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
If Win Xp SP2

1st To test the USB ports: ( Always test)

Check with another USB working well device like a printer, photo camera and or scanner.

If the device works your USB ports are OK.

All you need to do is find the installation CD that came with your device that you having problems an install it.

2nd If the problem is in the PC because not found any USB device you need to:

o Open Device Manager and check Universal serial bus controller.
o Uninstall all under Universal Serial bus controller (Host controller and Root Hub)
o Reboot the computer
o Start the computer like administrator and accept all the new Hardware that windows encounter
o They should kick back again

If this doesn’t happens you have to some how download the Manufactory driver or use the drivers CD that came with your computer.

NOTE: Win 98 SE

Test the same ( Always test)

Delete from devise manager like win XP but you need to install the USB drivers from Win 95 CD folder “Other” if had been an update from Win 95 later to Win 98 later to Win 98 SE ( means upgrades and no full versions)

Let me know if this help you

DOMESTIC

DOMESTIC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks but that did not work. I have done that many times. The plug and play doesnt work because nothing is detection when plugged in and when i try to install it, it shuts down