Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display noise

• Please log in to reply

lawllylawl

lawllylawl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
there is a faint constant noise in the display, kind of like static on a tv. i have no idea what caused this, and nothing has been posted in these forums about this (from what i found). any help would be greatly appreciated.

im running:

windows xp home edition
GeForce 7300 GS
Asus A8N5X motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Let's be careful with this... It could be that your screen has fried... How old is it? If you smell smoke, or anything burning, disconnect the power to the monitor at once! Do you have another monitor you can try? I'm not saying that this is for sure a hardware problem, but you should take caution anyway. Try that monitor on another computer if you can, and see how things work...

lawllylawl

lawllylawl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its not old at all. maybe you misunderstood... i didnt mean sound noise, i meant visual noise.

i tried your suggestion anyway, just to be sure it wasnt the monitor. i plugged my roommate's monitor in and it had the same problem, so it is likely due to the graphics card. one of my roommates suggested that it could be a driver problem, since i didnt install the driver that came with the card, but a driver offered on the nvidia website.