Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet speed problems

• Please log in to reply

bordforlyf

bordforlyf

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I've just built a new desktop wireless. In the beginning my internet speed was fine. My friend helped me make it Windows Vista, but then I decided that I wanted XP, so we switched back. Now my internet speed oftenly goes slow.. It takes 5 minutes to open one page.
Thanks for your help :whistling:

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well can't help ya out too much with your internet speed, mainly depends on your isp. Whenever it gets around 6:00 pm(whenever everyone gets home from work) my internet slows down to dial-up speed.

One thing you can do is make sure to turn off the automatic updates(these things are about useless, imo). Also make sure none of your programs are trying to update themselves since you did just reinstall windows.

:whistling: