Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop-up box request for Username & password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Just logged out of a session here on GTG and when log out completed and I was returned to the forums home page a pop-up appeared with the heading "Connect to www.geekstogo.com" and under this a band with two large keys in it and the following written below:

"The server www.geekstogo.com at adlogger requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

It then had "Username" with a drop-down list of my children's email addresses (none of mine) and "Password" and a box for the password to be typed.

I then decided to log back in to ask about this and got the same pop-up. Can someone please advise what this all means?

Is this a feature of IE7 which I updated to a couple of days ago - although it hasn't happened before this and I've been on the GTG site a couple of times since updating.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It supposed to be a know problem, they are trying to fix it.