Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

-Solved- Graphic Card Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply

maybaycao

maybaycao

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Mobo - P4M800PRO-M V2
Graphic Card - ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
*my computer specs is in the attachments

i installed the card into my mobo, but the problem is with the driver disk. The disk is a "VGA Driver compact Disk Auto-detect VGA Driver"

it autodetects the vga driver. but then it ended up with a window saying. "No suitable driver for your current VGA chip!" and then a list of vga chips that they support. I just click ok, and continue trying to install. I go to a window that says "No suitable driver" i tried clicking on "Install Drivers" but that didn't load any installation window. It just didn't do anything. Plz help me since i'm lost on what to do.

-note - i was able to install the WDM Drivers

Wally's advice - i downloaded the ati driver. but an error occured saying "Setup failed to run installation: (0x80040707)"
Dan1887's advice - tried same thing, same error came up. "Setup failed to run installation: (0x80040707)"

*I believe the root of my problem was failure to install a "video controller device (VGA)" since after i put the video card into the motherboard and restart the comp. Install wizard popped up saying it found new hardware which is "video controller (vga)" and i tried to install it, but it said it didn't find any file to which install the hardware. So it was unsuccessful of installing the hardware. So do anyone think they can help me solve this problem first.

Attached Thumbnails

• VGA_Window.png
  • No_Suitable_driver.png
  • Computer_Specs.png

Edited by maybaycao, 18 January 2007 - 05:17 AM.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Try and download the drive from the net. Here is a link to the site.
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
If it doesn't work make sure u post the specs of you'r computer....
good luck

maybaycao

maybaycao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i downloaded the ati driver. but an error occured saying "Setup failed to run installation: (0x80040707)"

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
The new catalyst 7.1 is having Huge problems, It didn;t work for my x1650 either. Try to Download and use the catalyst 6.12 plus the drivers, they work well.

maybaycao

maybaycao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I believe the root of my problem was failure to install a "video controller device (VGA)" since after i put the video card into the motherboard and restart the comp. Install wizard popped up saying it found new hardware which is "video controller (vga)" and i tried to install it, but it said it didn't find any file to which install the hardware. So it was unsuccessful of installing the hardware. So do anyone think they can help me solve this problem first.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I searched the net to c what this error is and found a solution in editing the registry.

http://consumer.inst....asp?id=Q108167

I would be cereful not to make a mistake.
It might not solve the problem but makeing sure all is there wont hurt.

P.S. I checked my redgistry and it is as posted.

maybaycao

maybaycao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yea, my registry is correct

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I looked around and did not find much more, but I looked in driverguide and there r a rew drivers there. From my experiance c if there is a driver there that works, usually I find what I'm looking for.

http://driverguide.com/

U need to register its free.

I looked at the first post u put out and there r atachments. the list of drivers are for nvidea and not ati. Is that the disk you got with the card?

maybaycao

maybaycao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
YAY! I got it now. Thx everybody.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
What was the final punch?

maybaycao

maybaycao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i kind of just reformated the computer. After that, installing the card was easy.