Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with CD/DVD drive

• Please log in to reply

Artimecion

Artimecion

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My DVD Drives were working fine until a couple of days ago, and detected everything properly and autoplayed fine etc.

However, suddenly a few days ago both Drives suddenly stopped autoloading anything I put in - If I go to my computer the DVD drive icons remain as if nothing is inserted, and no longer comes up with the names of the disks, and as a result will not auto load. If I manually open the drives and find the executable or If I load up a DVD through a player, it still reads and plays fine.

I have taken a look at autoplay settings (right click on the drive, properties, autoplay) and everything is still enabled.

Has anyone got any ideas on what to do? I havent added or modified anything hardware or software wise which would interfere with it to my knowledge, and my pc is virus and spyware free.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Artimecion

Artimecion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
bah. got it fixed. Turns out my DVD software decided to auto-update without telling me, and added a "disable autoplay" option which was on as default.

Sorry to waste your time!