Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mystery batch file running frequently

• Please log in to reply

mainereader

mainereader

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a small empty white rectangle appear in my taskbar intermittently. It appears very very briefly. I have tried repeatedly to click on it to figure out what it is but with no result.

I have reset McAfee personal firewall to its original default setting. The rectangle still appears every 10 - 30 minutes.

How can I find out what this is?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello mainereader,

Hit ctrl+alt+del to bring up the Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab and watch it. When the white rectangle pops up, see if it shows up in the Process window list. Hopefully you'll get a hint of whats going on.
makai

Edited by makai, 17 January 2007 - 10:06 AM.