Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Work Computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mostsleek

mostsleek

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
My computer at work is crashing. It started a couple of days ago when it just restarted by its self. I figured the power went out and thought nothing of it. Well this morning it was working fine...then it did it again. Now when it restarts it will load, go to the first windows page, then the login screen will come up. Then approx. 10 seconds after the login pages appears, the computer will restart. I have tried to quickly get my password in, but when my desktop shows up, it is there for only a couple of seconds, then restarts. I have yet to try to boot into safe mode, but my usb keyboard does not work when trying to select safe mode. I can not post a HiJackThis log because of the restarting. All I have used the computer for is basic point of sale software, ringing up some customers and that is about it. Over the weekend I belive that my boss installed some back-up sofware program, that uses an external hard drive to back everything up.

Thank you,
Aaron

Advertisements

mostsleek

mostsleek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Resolved...it turns out that the power supply took a dump.

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.