Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ntoskrnl.exe missing, please reinstall ?

• Please log in to reply

Darlena

Darlena

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello,

Trying to fix a Toshiba Satalitte A55-1064 notbook. Do not have original XP cd and this computer is still under warrenty, but Toshia wants 40 dollars to ship this recovery disk!

Bootup message says Ntoskrnl.exe file is missing, please reinstall and try again. I have actually found this file on my XP cd, and copied it to this OS but it still is not working. I understand the problem could be a totally corrupt OS or bad hard drive, or several other things. I have tried to do a recovery but get a message about bad sectors, or unrecoverable sectors about 52% thru the process.

What to you suggest? Shell the 40 bucks for the recovery disks and take it to the service center(they said they would fix it seeing it's still under warrenty but they have to have the disks.)

I'd like to fix it myself, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble at this point, unless you think it's fixable!!

Thanks,

Darlena
:whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Darlena...

I have tried to do a recovery but get a message about bad sectors, or unrecoverable sectors about 52% thru the process.

This sounds more like a bad HDD than a corrupt operating system. If it's still under warranty, I'd have it checked out.

wannabe1