Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office Pro 2003/MS Outlook/Contacts

• Please log in to reply

E. Ray Austin

E. Ray Austin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am currently using an Address Book Program (15 yrs old) that still works really good, but, I would like to Import that information into MS Office Outlook 2003, as my Contacts, and be able to add a few extra InPut Fields like, Kids, Birthdays, etc.

I have already Imported the data from the Old Address Book Program, but of course it doesn't import everything! Is there ANYWAY to modify the Contact Page and ADD some extra input fields, as well as able to Print Labels?

If that is not possible, or if someone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

I have searched for another FREE Address Book program, but none does ALL that I want it to do.

eMail me: Edit: not a good idea to post your email in an open forum...unless you like spam
Thanks in advance,

E. Ray Austin, MSG, USA, Ret. :whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Open a Contact record and check the Details tab - there are already fields for Spouse name and Birthday. On the All Fields tab, open the "Select From" drop-down box and choose Name Fields. This will present a bunch of other fields, including Children.

If you don't see any of the fields you need, you can add fields by clicking the New button.

Since you have Word, you can easily create custom letters or mailing labels with the Mail Merge command. Select several contact records (hold the Ctrl key and click multiple records to select), then click Tools, Mail Merge. The Mail Merge dialog box will open. Be sure to check the options. When you click OK, you'll be taken to Word to complete the setup of the merge document.

I've attached screen shots of the Outlook "All Fields" tab, the "New Field" dialog box, and the "Mail Merge" dialog box.

If you need more detailed instructions, please post back.