Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard disk drives not installed

• Please log in to reply

angel81

angel81

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hello g2g, i have been havin numerous probs with my pc and now its got worse

here are my specs b4 i go any further:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor
2048 MB DDRII 667 Corsair Memory -
640GB Seagate Data Storage - RAID Stripe -
Intel Core 2 Duo Deluxe Motherboard -
16x DVD Player -
NEC DVD ReWriter AD-5170A 18x Dual Layer & Dual Format -
ATI Radeon x1950XT-X 512MB PCI-Express Graphics Card! -
7 in 1 Card Reader/Floppy Combo
soundblaster XFI soundcard
12x USB2 Ports
Firewire
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Adapters

ok now for my problem i purchased my pc from cube 2 weeks before christmas so its practically brand new

i was having problems with my dvd drives when i tried to play the latest pc games EG total war medieval 2
and all i got was the message D:\ is not a valid win 32 application so i placed the disc in the other drive to recieve the same message. i know these games work as i have tried them on a friends pc

i have just turned my pc on to recieve the message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system attempt to repair by starting windows setup from the windows disc and pressing R

so i did that and then i got:
set up did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

so i tried to install windows completely and i got the same message

so i dont know what to do i have checked all the cables and everything is connected properly.

any help would be gratefully appreciated as i have only had this pc 2 weeks before xmas and i want to try and sort this prob out before sending my pc back as this would be the third time its been returned because it wouldnt boot up at all when i recieved it from them due to the graphics card

thanks in advance angel

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, angel81

Because this computer is so new it has to be under warranty. I would not mess with it but return it for a new computer with the same exact specs. Around here, Strike 3 and your out with your kind of problems. There is obviously more wrong with the computer if you continue to have problems.

One thing i do not like about the computer is it has a RAID array. This is totally unnecessary for a home computer. It would be far better to use a second drive as a slave drive for data then to assume a RAID array of HD's would be better. I have had too many HD failures to ever completely trust my data to one. So i continue to backup all data to DVD's besides having them on drives.

SRX660

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I agree with SRX660 return the computer.

If u have raid setup u need to hit F6 when starting windows. As soon as the sdreen turs blue when u boot from the windows cd it sais to hit F6 (on the bottom) if u have rais or scsi. U need a floppy or cd with the requested driver.

angel81

angel81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hey thanks for your advice :)

i rang cube this morning and spoke to the technical department, he went into bios setup with me and told me to do a few things then try the windows cd again it still didnt work he then told me to change the settings to which we found out one of the hard disk drives is completly knackered. so its back off to the workshop again :blink: this will be the third time now i asked if i could have another pc rather than them looking at the one i have already got seen as there has been three failures with it i was told that shouldnt be a problem so we'll see what happens, :whistling:

thanks again

angel :help: