Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 3 and Comcast.net

• Please log in to reply

Trainer12

Trainer12

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0 beta. My ISP is Comcast.net. The problem I am having is that the slide scrowling of the Comcast,net homepage hotspot links doesn't work. It does this intermitently. I have allowed cookies, enable Java, Javascript and Active X controls. Every time I logout this problem returns,
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If I go to another area of the Comcast.net, News for example, that works. It is the main slideshow scrowl's URL hot spots that don't always function. Any suggestions? I am running WindowsXP Homeedition service pack 2. on a Dell Dimension 2400 with 768 MEG's RAM Intell P4 processor. I have AVG Anti-Virus and Anti Spyware. Thanks, Trainer 12

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Well it is a beta version so odd things happening with it are to be expected, that's what beta testing is all about. You give feedback to the developers of Firefox to let them know what doesn't work properly so they can investigate it. If you can't live with that you'd be better off using an earlier, finished version. If you did not have that problem with an earlier Firefox, then it's probably a 'bug' in the beta version which only the developers can fix, provide you and other beta users bring it to their attention.

However, I appreciate it may not be a 'bug' in the beta version. One thing you ought to try is to see if the problem can be duplicated in IE, because it still remains a fact that some websites won't function properly in any browser other than IE. For example, Firefox does not support ActiveX, whereas IE does. So if you visit a website that needs to run ActiveX controls, those controls won't work in Firefox.

Regards

Pip

Edited by pip22, 18 January 2007 - 05:00 AM.

Trainer12

Trainer12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Flash Player has to be added or a "add on" for this to work in Firefox 3. I am going to download and install that and see what happens.

Thanks,

Trainer12

Trainer12

Trainer12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Problem Solved. Downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player 9.0 has solved the problem. Thanks for the suggestions. This forum has been more helpful than Comcast.net or the Mozilla Grand Presido Community.