Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

excel macro discombobulation

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
alright fellers (and feller-ettes)...i've got an ODD quandry here with an excel macro...anyone who wants a stab...let's see what you can figure out

ok here's the scenario:

we've got this training sheet (attached) that the supervisors use to track training and competency. whatever raving lunatic who decided to make this thing...decided to use the method of having little circles divided into quadrants, and the way you mark someone as being trained or at a specific level in each section is to change that quadrant's color to green (if they aren't there yet...then it stays white). as you could imagine this get's pretty tedious...

i've created two macros that are initiated by two buttons in the top left of the worksheet (yes and clear) the yes one will turn any selected shape (i.e. quadrants of the circles) green, and the clear one will change any selected shape back to white....this might be a little easier for these guys to do...but what i REALLY want is to be able to assign a macro to EACH quadrant on the sheet (fun for me right?) that will allow them to simply click the quadrant to turn it green...it would be great if it could check the quadrant's status and act accordingly (i.e. if the quadrant is white it changes to green...if it's green it changes to white)...but that's not neccessary right now.

i did find a way to do this by assigning the macro to change a specific group (that makes up one of the quadrants)...but i'd have to modify that macro for EACH deal...and any time they added a new sheet or whatever...i don't like that plan at all

any takers?

Advertisements