Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 98 wont start because of error

• Please log in to reply

krystie1st

krystie1st

• Pip
  • 6 posts
when my puter boots I get preformed a illegal operation SPOOL32. Then my puter is froze. I can't do anything just the backgroud and error show i have no start button or nothing. I tried to use the start up disk and did sys. c but still same error. I tried to start it in safe mode it won't even let me do that it starts in safe mode but I still get the spool32 error and it freezes so I am unable to start windows. Please HELP ME!! I fixxed my cd rom now this happens. :D

By the way I want to thank everyone who has tried to help me. I have been to other sites and I like this one the best. I will recommend it to everyone!!! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the kind words krystie <_<

Try this, create a bootdisk http://www.bootdisk.com. Start your computer with this disk in the floppy drive and at the command prompt type c:\windows\command\scanreg /restore. Select a date before the problem began.