Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Installing NFS most wanted

• Please log in to reply

maranatha

maranatha

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Hi All
Hope someone can help me out here,

My grandson likes to play games on my PC, I have quite a few on here for him.

One is Need for Speed Underground, I bought him Need for Speed Most Wanted, for Christmas.
Now NFS "most wanted" will not install, Installation window opens but there is no install button to click on. It seems that it is seeing NFS Underground and thinks that it is installed. From what I have read at the EA Games web site.
They say to uninstall "Underground" and then install "most wanted" then install "underground" again.

Here is my problem, my grandson has made many cars in "underground" and I don't want to uninstall it for fear of losing all the cars he has made.

Is there a way that I could move or hide underground to install most wanted then unmove or unhide underground that way I won't risk losing his cars??

They also said that I should download this "ikernelupdate" which I believe is a set up wizard and mine was out of date, but my version number seems to be more recent then the one they gave me?

Thanks
maranatha

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well, normally when you uninstall a game it will ask if you want to remove the "saved game" files. The answer for this would be no. You want to keep the saved games.

I haven't played nsf for a long time, but thats how it used to work. Perhaps someone else here may have an answer. If not, I would recomend looking here

maranatha

maranatha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Thanks starjax
I think I found the answer there.

maranatha

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
You have to uninstall NFS: Underground and then install NFS Most Wanted. I have those games with that same problem. It's EA fault for messing up the setup program. :whistling:

maranatha

maranatha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Hi HPDV8315LOVER

Here is my problem, my grandson has made many cars in "underground" and I don't want to uninstall it for fear of losing all the cars he has made.

So will I lose all profiles and cars made and races won by deleting the game?
If so,
Is there no way to save them?

Thanks
maranatha

BTW, Renaming the folder did not work, as I read on the help forums.

Edited by maranatha, 18 January 2007 - 10:30 PM.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
It will not delete any saved files.

maranatha

maranatha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
OK, Cool

Thanks HPDV8315LOVER