Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming LCD

• Please log in to reply

thelastelephant

thelastelephant

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey im looking to get a new computer monitor

Its going to be used for gaming.

My budget is about $375 and im looking for a monitor as big as i can get that still works well.

any suggestions and tips on what to look for? at the moment i have a 17" LCD Princeton monitor that has worked great for 3-4 years.

Advertisements

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
You should be able to find something between 19 and 21 inches depending on how big you want to go and what your video card can support. Ideally you want to look for a monitor with a good refresh rate and an aspect ration of well over 600:1. I have seen some at 2000:1 and I am very skeptical. Anything that is between 600:1 - 1000:1 is perfect and will perform amicably as a gaming monitor. Check out LG and Samsung they both have good 19 inch monitors out there. The LG monitor I am thinking of is 800:1 and the Samsung is 900:1.