Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Install Administrative Tools

• Please log in to reply

Compusavvy

Compusavvy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use Win XP Pro and want to Install Windows Administrative Tools. Please advise.

Thanks

Compusavvy

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What have you got when you click start, control panel, performance and maintenance?

Compusavvy

Compusavvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the reply, Keith.

I know that I can see the Administrative Tools option in the Control Panel.

What I am wanting to do is to Install Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on this PC. When I run setup it tells me that:

Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because:

- You cannot install this product on a computer running Windows Professional
- Failed to look up the Windows domain to which this computer belongs. Please verify that your computer is in Windows Domain.

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:

- The NNTP component of Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) is either not installed or disabled.
- The SMTP component of Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) is either not installed or disabled.
- Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) version 5.0 or higher is either not installed or disabled.
- You must be logged onto Windows Domain intead of the local machine.
- The World Wide Web Service of the Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) is either not installed or disabled.
- Setup has detected that ASP.Net v1.1 or above has not been installed. This component is required for the installation of Outlook Mobile Access. Please goto Control Panel->Add.Remove Programs or The Configure Your Server Wizard to install ASP.Net.
The component "Microsoft Exchange System management Tools"cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:

- The machine must be a member of Windows domain
- The Windows Administrative Tools must be present
- The "Internet Information Services Snap-In" component of the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled.

To clear a few things:

My domain in Workgroup.
I read in the accompanying notes that I can install Exchange on XP Pro provided I install Windows Administrative Tools Pack. It listed Knowledge Based Article 324745 which is no longer available on the Windows website.

Please advise how to go about this.

Thanks

Compusavvy

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They are supposed to be on the exchange server CD

http://technet.micro...b0fedbd9d9.aspx

Also check with start, control panel, add and remove, add and remove windows components for Internet Information Service (IIS)