Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Little blue flashing squares

• Please log in to reply

ellbeegee

ellbeegee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 lap top with a Mobile Intel 4 processor it contains a Intel 82852/82855 GM GME graphics controller.

On certain parts of my screen, there are little blue flashing squares (don't know how else to describe it). For example if there is a picture of a person, it looks like they have "blue rash patches" on their face. Some parts of the screen that are suppposed to be white, display in blue squares, while other parts seem fine. The problem started out as intermittent, but continues to get worse.

Any ideas? Do you need more information?

Thank you.

LBG

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
by little blue squares do you mean like...1/2" little blue actual squares? or little squares like the size of a pinhead square? by flashing do you mean somewhat slow flashing (up to a second on then off) or like...flickering...like...a light that's going out or something like that (barely on or off...but not constantly on or off)

ellbeegee

ellbeegee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
They are little pin point sized squares. They are usually on the areas of the screen that are supposed to be white, but not all areas. Some of them flicker on for a second and then disappear, while other parts such as the scroll bars and title bars constantly have the annoying "rash".

The problem used to be intermittent, but it is getting worse as time goes on. For example, in the areas within this window, the scroll bar on the right has them, but every so often it disappears. Also, all the rectangular boxes that I would click on are blue (like the ones that say "add this attachment" and "post reply".

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
sounds like you've either got a problem with the monitor or your graphics card...probably the graphics card.....iit the laptop by chance under warranty?

you may want to try to see if you can clean any dust out or the laptop with canned air if you can...this can be pretty tricky with laptops...as alot of times you've got to take them apart pretty good to get to the places where the bunnies live...but do the best you can..

ellbeegee

ellbeegee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No such luck on the warranty . . . . .

I will get a can of air and give it a go. If it doesn't work, I will let you know.

THANKS