Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Business with Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

goldeneye

goldeneye

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have just installed Vista Business at work and on my home laptop. I have also installed Office 2007 Enterprise
I was testing the beta version before upgrading to the full version and I must say it is hard to describe how great this operating system is now in its entirity. Not only the fantastic looks and overall layout, business-wise this OS is fantastic. When also combined with Office 2007 the world is your oyster.

A couple of new programs that come with Office 2007 are;-
  • OneNote
  • Groove
I don't want to bore you with the capabilities of both of these, but I'm sure anyone who uses Office in their business or at home will find great use for both of these programs. Office overall has a total new revamp and is so user friendly my great great great great grandad would find it easy to use.

The only problem I have run into with Vista is setting up the internet connection. We use a proxy server firewall which should be picked up when logging onto our domain, but is not. Even manually inputting the settings still has no joy, so for the time being I'm using our old WathGuard firewall with a Fixed IP which for some reason works!!!!

Be good to know if anyone else has a test machine running on their domain and having similar problems

Thanks all !!!!!

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
I absolutely love "OneNote" :whistling:

goldeneye

goldeneye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Tell me about it.... Its genius !!! I think Groove will proove to be a big success too, not sure how good the security is, but i'm sure we'll find out. :whistling:

rodneymckay

rodneymckay

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hope my free copies arrive in the mail soon. They are finally shipping them out.