Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 live doesnt work with halo 2

• Please log in to reply

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I live in a dormatory at the University of COnnecticut and XBOX 360 live works fine for 360 games. Ive got gears of war and madden to both work on live but when I try to sign on to live with halo 2, it says that there is no connection and offers to start troubleshooter. We run troubleshooter and it says EVERYTHING is working fine.. but still can't get into xbox live with halo 2. What could be the problem?? Also, sometimes i cannot join public servers for counter-strike PC. When i join a game, it lags up to like 2000 ping and can't join or see whos in the server. Other times, it works fine.. COuld this be connected to the problems with Halo 2??? THanks in advance foer any response.

Advertisements

fiox

fiox

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i doubt you can play old xbox games online on a 360

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Fiox you are so wrong. I play Halo 2 on my 360 online all the time. I don't know why yours doesn't work. Could be scratched.

Tim360

Tim360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I haven't had any problems playing Halo 2 on line with the 360 either.

kickflip

kickflip

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It could be your ISP is interferring with Bungie's Halo 2 servers, and thta could be the problem thats not letting you connect to Halo 2 online

teleblock_4u

teleblock_4u

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Make sure you have downloaded all HALO 2 dowloadable content, this is all i can think of im a bit puzzled.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Can you play the game offline?

Furgster

Furgster

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I live in a dormatory at the University of COnnecticut and XBOX 360 live works fine for 360 games. Ive got gears of war and madden to both work on live but when I try to sign on to live with halo 2, it says that there is no connection and offers to start troubleshooter. We run troubleshooter and it says EVERYTHING is working fine.. but still can't get into xbox live with halo 2. What could be the problem?? Also, sometimes i cannot join public servers for counter-strike PC. When i join a game, it lags up to like 2000 ping and can't join or see whos in the server. Other times, it works fine.. COuld this be connected to the problems with Halo 2??? THanks in advance foer any response.

i am having the same exact problem. I live in a dorm at USC and we have to register the mac address of anything before we can use it on the network. before i did that i could not connect to xbox live. After, i was able to connect and play games like Lost Planet and Gears of War online, but I cant connect with Halo 2. At this point I am wondering if it is just a halo problem, or a problem with original xbox games in general. To test this i am going to try to go online with battlefront 2, but i dont really know if that is going to work. I have a feeling that the university is somehow blocking it, but i am not sure about that either. I did call them to try to get xbox live working originally and they said that they do not block live so i dont realy know what the problem is at this point. I did have my old xbox up here last week though and that was easily able to connect to live and play halo, so i also get the feeling that they are not blocking it. i hope this is enough information for someone to offer some help, thanks.

Furgster

Furgster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, were able to fix it, all we needed was a little router or switch. you just have to runthe xbox live through it and for some reson that works. we are not supposed to use switches or routers but we do anyway, so just try that, we have noticed that some of the games lag and are not sure if that is us or not, good luck

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'd suggest consulting the Network Admin for the dormitory you live in and get his perspective. I had this similar problem using a Netgear router, but switching to a Belkin router solved the problem. There was some issue regarding my ISP moving through a Netgear 6.0 or older

And yes, I play Halo 2 on xBox360 without a problem as well. That is one game they could not leave out 360 support for. Now my MLB05, yes, will not play on 360.

Advertisements

Schnick1

Schnick1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Do you have a hard drive attached to your 360? You can not play any original xbox games without the hard drive.

Aside from Hard Drive, Network, or Downloaded Content, I'm not sure what else could be causing your problems.

SweetJester

SweetJester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
(halo2) Ok i downloaded the 3 maps that are free on my 360..but do i need all four? oh and if anyone has live add me if u want.....SweetJester <- username

BRAIDER

BRAIDER

• Pip
  • 2 posts
u can work halo 2 on xbox 360 live but first u have to download the new maps on it when u r playing ur menu screen will not appear due to it is an old xbox game !!

Kingwar34

Kingwar34

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Fiox you are so wrong. I play Halo 2 on my 360 online all the time. I don't know why yours doesn't work. Could be scratched.

How do u work Halo 2 for 360 because i am having the same problem

halo2isbeinstupid

halo2isbeinstupid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a problem with playing halo 2 on xbox live with my new 360. it says it cannot connect to xbox live and offers to start a trouble shooter. i do the trouble shooter and it says everything is up and running. I've tried to look for downloadable content such as maps aand stuff but it doesnt even have halo 2 in the xbox live market place. If any one has an answer to my problem can you please help me out.