Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tried fitting ram pc dusent work just beeps!

• Please log in to reply

alhilali

alhilali

• Pip
  • 1 posts
recently i tried to fit some new ram when i tried the computer just started up for like a second and then went off . i then touk the new ram out and left the old one in but when i tried to tern my comp back on it started up but then just stoped and the light on the start butten ternd yellow and the computer started beeping i then made shore that the old ram was properly fitted and it was but still had the same problem! its getting my nervs now please help as i rilly nead my computer up and running!
thankyou very much :blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you sure that the new ram was compatible with your motherboard? if it wasn't (i.e. wrong size or wrong configuration) you could have done some serious damage to your motherboard....

make sure the old ram is in the right way and well seated...then, with the computer unplugged..remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and hold the power button in for a few seconds...put the battery back in and turn the pc on...any better?