Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PAVFIRES.EXE uses 98% of Computer Usage

• Please log in to reply

Iron_Canuck

Iron_Canuck

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, This is my first post. I'm not quite sure what to post, so I'll try to explain everything. My computer (Windows XP) has been very slow lately, and I checked my Task Manager. PAVFIRES.EXE currently and always has 98-99% computer usage. My antivirus program is Panda Antivitus, so I am figuring this is its process. Often, my computer freezes, and I have little choice to either log off or restart my computer. When I do, it shows that explorer.exe is not responding. This often happens multiples times, until I am able to finally run a program.

I'm not sure if PAVFIRES.EXE is to blame, or explorer.exe, or what I need to do to fix this problem, or if I'm in the wrong forum!
Here is a logfile from HijackThis, if it helps. Please and thanks for the help.

Attached File  HiJackThis_log.txt   12.22KB   72 downloads

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
your showing malware and the best guess is panda is stuggling with it

you should post your highjack this in the malware forum you will get cleaned up

go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

post it here

http://www.geekstogo...a...amp;s=&f=37

you will wait 3 days for a response

Edited by rushin1nd, 18 January 2007 - 05:32 PM.

Iron_Canuck

Iron_Canuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
KK, thanks for the help. :whistling: