Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

getting blue screened

• Please log in to reply

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
when my computer has been on for maybe a day my computer will start restarting randomly for some reason, and i know i am getting blue screened can the thing goes off before i can see what tha problem is, is there anything that you can do to help me fix my computer so i can get on for more THEN 2 DAYS IN STANDBY?! :whistling: :blink: :help: :) :rofl: :rofl: :help:

Edited by nettoon1991, 18 January 2007 - 11:01 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
whats the blue screen error
it should show stop error

start backing up your important stuff

bliue screen is merciless

have your xp cd with product key

borrow one if you have to

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
okay, i just chcked back on this page today and got the error it stats,

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_EQual

then after tell u bla bla if this is your first time bla bla...

it says:

stop: 0x000000d1 (0xbf998ad8, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0xf9521750)

Win32k - sys - address bf998ad8

Base at BF800000, Date stamp 43446a58

anything you can do or do i need to reinstall or repair? i dont have a disk or anything so i dont know what i can do

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can stop the autorestart feature in XP so you can read the blue screen

Open System Properties via Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System
[ System Properties may also be opened using the WinKey+Pause key combination ]
Select the Advanced tab and then click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
In System Failure section, clear the checkbox next to Automatically Restart
Click OK and OK to exit.

You may get am error using the control panel method if you have your pagefile running from a different drive other than the "C" drive.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

You need to think back and see if you remember if you may have changed a driver, added a new program, or some other kind of event that may be causing this to happen. If your system is getting hot it may cause this problem also. Download speedfan and see what your temps usually run at. I have even had this problem caused by low 12 volt line voltage. Speedfan also shows what your system voltages are.

SRX660