Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recommended Download Managers

• Please log in to reply

megamyx

megamyx

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm currently using "free download manager" but i'm having a difficult time downloading files. tried simpledownload & download express as well; but none of them seem to be useful, friendly & productive so far.

What i need is a download manager that is fast, stable and integrates well into both Internet Explorer and Firefox; that has an option to download using IE's or Firefox's download manager; also, that offers simultaneous multi-part downloads, easy restarting and recovery, downloading from mirrors. And must be spyware free, no banners, etc. and lastly, a freeware.

i usually have slow download speed (about 1 to 3kbps for each download) when downloading apps from the net & when downloading files at rapidshare.

hope you guys could give me recommendations.

Edited by megamyx, 19 January 2007 - 12:45 AM.

Advertisements

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Here are some extensions for Firefox.I use flashgot.

EmperorWoodrow

EmperorWoodrow

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i use download accelerator plus..(DAP) there free version..it works well with dialup

megamyx

megamyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
guys, thanks! for recommending speed utilities, but i'm also looking for download managers that could do the followings i stated from my first post
(such as : integrates well with IE & Firefox, can continue downloading from where it was stopped or easy recovery, & should give me options do download with IE or Firefox alone, or has the option to disable or unuse the download manager., etc..)

Here are some extensions for Firefox.I use flashgot.

thanks, but i don't see any download managers in it.

Edited by megamyx, 24 January 2007 - 02:14 AM.

megamyx

megamyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
EmperorWoodrow, i installed & tried DAP. it's not ad free though.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If this is the one you have

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Click cancel and you can then download files as usual

megamyx

megamyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks keith!

another concern with free download manager is, you have no option to disable it or turn it off; coz there are some sites that doesn't allow us to use download managers & accelerators when downloading. those sites are good at detecting these download managers. i like to disable them first before going to those sites for download & use IE's or Firefox's.

anybody know how to turn it off? or anymore download managers that has that option?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click a download link, when the download manager box shows with where you want to save the file to, click cancel and then you will get the usual run or save option box

Or right click the taskbar icon and untick browser monitoring

muhammad jamil

muhammad jamil

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
i recommend you try internet download manager