Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp Home slow boot

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
On booting XP Home I get loading personel settings, about 30 seconds, then a blue screen,(the blue screen is my desktop, I don't have sreensavers or any background. Cubase SX3.1 runs better without XP Stuff) about 2.45 seconds to the desktop. I have enabled verbosestatus to 1 in the registry, and on boot I notice I have WGALOGON.DLL for about 30 seconds, I can't see what is taking 2/3 minutes to load after the personal settings. :whistling: I have the bare min services, I have startup program only one wireless cons. My system is AMD 64x2 Dual core Processor 4200. 1.5 gig ram :blink: Please.

Advertisements

sweeper

sweeper

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I have used XP home long back, still see if you can do this.

Go to START>RUN
In the run box type MSCONFIG. That will open a new window. Check the STARTUP tab of that window, and you can find a lot of things booting with your PC making the boot process pretty slow. Just uncheck those entries which you think you do not need and APPLY>Reboot. This should reduce your startup time.

If you are unsure which ones to disable, let me know. I shall try to help you in some other way.

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I have already done that. I only have one program starting at boot. Wirless config. I have a min amount of services running as well. :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

sweeper

sweeper

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

This was just going to be my next reply :whistling:

Thanks Keith