Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADC Telecom DATASMART 696

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. I don't have a problem. :blink: I just want to ask. I inherited this piece of hardware, ADC Telecom DATASMART 696. Apparently it is, at the very least, a high speed modem. And I was just wondering, what can I do with it? And why is it so expensive? I don't have any cords for it, so that only thing I can do is run self-diagnostic. Thank you. :whistling:

Edited by bigdog1100, 19 January 2007 - 09:49 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
from my research that isn't really a broadband modem...it's a t1 csu/dsu device and it's used to connect to a T1 frame relay line...a T1 is basically a business class DSL line with 1.54 Mb of traffic and a frame relay is a method of controlling traffic (very base info you don't need to know more...but if you want...google t1 and frame relay)....what YOU can do with it...assuming you're a home user...is maybe sell it on ebay...or...well probably nothing