My laptop has decided that it will only work when plugged into the mains.
I have been working on it quite a lot with it plugged in (more as a desktop than a laptop ) and now the battery has died - or at least I think this is what has happened.
The computer works fine when it is plugged in but within a few moments of unplugging the mains the screen goes black/computer shuts down with no warning.
Have I 'overcharged' the battery ie, is it from bad power management, always using the laptop with mains power, or a rubbish battery life, or could it be bug related?
The laptop is not that old, just over a year.
Thanks in advance for any help.