Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD space

• Please log in to reply

joely79

joely79

• Pip
  • 7 posts
We want to be able to:
-surf the web very quickly
-check email quickly
-photo processing (possibly creating slideshows)
-design and create websites

And possibly if it doesn't cost too much extra:
-use it to show DVDs/television/play music at a high
quality

We already have an external HD of 180 GB. How much
more HD space do you recommend we buy? What is the difference between HD space and ROM?

Advertisements

EmperorWoodrow

EmperorWoodrow

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
its not a matter of how much HD space U have..as long as u have several partitions..keeep the OS and a few main programs on the C: drive..put all the other stuff on the other partitions..that way U don't lose them if U have to (GULP) reformat..

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Will you be gaming? Saving movies? Music? Lots of pictures? If so, get yourself some nice space. I have 160 GB inside the machine, and a 100 GB just for backups, but I'm not a music/video/gaming guru either.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Right now I am running a 250 gb main drive and a 160 gb back up, I would recommend a minimum 160gb main hard drive and use your external drive as back up