Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

annoying folder pics

• Please log in to reply

justjohn86

justjohn86

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi. I'm having some trouble with my folder pictures. The same couple of my own personal pictures keep appearing on random folder icons both in My Documents, and in system folders. I've done loads of registry fixes trying to solve other issues so I don't think it's the registry. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisements

justjohn86

justjohn86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I know I shouldn't bump, but it's been over a week. Any help? Anyone?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have you checked your settings for the containing folders and have you gone through your Folder Options to see what the settings are? If the containing folder has thumbnails set, the subfolders will show as thumbnails. Also the thumbnail size can be set. Also in the Properties box you can change the icon for a folder.

justjohn86

justjohn86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm pretty sure the settings are fine. This one picture is popping up on all kinds of different folders, system folders as well as random personal ones. I never once told the computer to put that picture on all those folders, and I mean there are lots of folders it's managed to put itself on. Don't suppose you know if there's anything I can do in the registry editor?