Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezes at startup caused by mouse driver

• Please log in to reply

bidule

bidule

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello
Ill try to be clear since this pb is weird and puzzles me. I post it here cause it's a mouse problem

I have a win98se and mx310 mouse, and use the latest logitech mouseware, wich include lmouse.vxd, as replacement for default msmouse.vxd.
i had no pb so far and mouse worked well. since a few weeks though, when i start the computer, it freezes on desktop, just after the loading of antiv and firewall software. There is nothing to do , ctrl+alt+suppr doesn't answer, and the only solution is the reset button
I made a "step by step" startup, and loaded everything but the lmouse.vxd driver, and then i have no freeze. I tried several times, and all is ok when i don't load that vxd. So the cause of the freez is that vxd.
The weirdest thing : I uninstalled the mouseware (it came from the mouse cd), and i install the same version but downloaded from the site. and then it worked again perfectly.... until today when it has freezed again, but i made no change to my system, except a defragmentation. So it appears to bug randomly, i can't identify the cause, why now and not before? :tazz:
now my questions :
1-why is it bugging? (yeah i know it's a hard question ;) )
2-mouseware is not in the add/remove control panel, so how do i uninstall that driver?

Advertisements

bidule

bidule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK one more clue :
In the sart/stop menu box, instead of sayin "restart", i said "stop", and then restarted after a few seconds, and then... I had no freeze despite the loading of that lmouse.vxd driver (as before when all was ok and life was simpler) ;) ;) :)
What does it mean ? i'm lost, need help :tazz: :)