Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing "Windows Messenger"

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
how the heck do i get rid of this POS messenger, i can;t seem to find it anywhere to just boot in save mode and delete it, so, where is it? or how cani get rid of it? cause i hate MSMSGR.exe in my task manager process window, i keep closing it, bu tit keeps coming back, it is worse then adware/spyware!!!!!!! anyways, thanks

Advertisements

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Eddie who? Edward (Derek Riggs' little boy)?

Can't you just go to [Start]->[Settings]->[Control panel]->Add/Remove programs ?

I know I removed it, I just forgot how. ( Yes I seriously dislike all those messengers, they are too pushy for me. )
But if you have the filename of the executable... You can rename it and see what goes wrong where. ( it should start whining about "Not being able to find blablaMSGR" when it tries to start that. ).

Maybe that works :tazz:
Ojo

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
nope, i can't even find the exe of it, it is horrbiel, cause it got nor shortcuts or nothing, i even resticted access to it! but it still running in my task manager in processes, lol, BTW< you know Eddie, the mascot for Iron Maiden, lol, thats what my avitar is of

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
So indeed, Derek Riggs little boy ;)
( the guy who made cover artwork for Iron Maiden ( and Gammaray ) )
Of course I know him! Had my room full with pictures of him.
Cool ;)

Ojo

Sorry I can't help you much on the messenger-problem. My machine at home had its contents spread out over the floor this weekend, so I haven't been able to look into it much.
If I find anything, I know where to find you. :tazz:

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Disable the messenger service from 'Services' in your administrative tools

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
oops. nevermind.

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 21 April 2005 - 07:17 PM.