Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless ping spike

• Please log in to reply

v1ncent

v1ncent

• Pip
  • 2 posts
um i have a problem with my wireless networking. expecially when i play online games, sometime when there is around 6 people in the game server i always get ping spike. it just suddenly my ping went up to 1k-2k then turn back to normal... it's soo weird i tried contact my ISP and they didn't reply me, i tried contact the belkin techincian and it didn't help. i have a F5D7230-4 BELKIN ROUTER AND F5D7000AU BELKIN WIRELESS DESKTOP CARD. well anyone have any idea?? please help :blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Always does that with wireless networking. Does the same thing to me whenever I try to play Call of Duty2 online wirelessly. It says to me "Connection Interrupted" then it starts to work again. Wirelessly is always going to be slower and not as responsive, so if ya can plug that computer into a wired connection.

:whistling:

v1ncent

v1ncent

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea i play soldat it's a 2d shooting game, it's 35.9mb the file is not very big and i get ping spike while playing that game, but when i play mmorpg games i don't seen to be lagging or ping spike because i couldn't see my ping while playing mmorpg games. plus i don't seen any lag while playin rpg games but i get ping spike while playing soldat.. IT SOO CONFUSING.. and i tried port forwarding it, no hope. :whistling: :blink: :help: :)